Sunday, September 2, 2018

D114-D118: One famous hotel, two friendly dogs, and all the waffles you can eat 一間著名的飯店、兩隻可愛的狗狗、無限量的鬆餅


Days 114 to 118:

After a nice day of rest and a full night’s sleep, I made a full recovery from the 24-hour challenge. I hung around Big Lake Youth Camp all morning the following day using the WiFi while I could and having a couple more good feeds. It was a nice enough day, but the smoke had rolled in overnight and the blue skies were gone. Just compare my view from the beach yesterday and today:

昨天的24小時挑戰結束後在大湖夏令營休息並睡了一整晚的好覺,我體力今天算恢復了。早上繼續待在那裡,多利用他們的WiFi也多吃了兩頓飯。天氣還算很好但森林火災的煙又回來了,天空已不藍,昨天和今天的對比很明顯:

Soon after leaving in the afternoon, I passed one of the last major milestones of the trip: the 2000-mile mark! It’s almost hard to believe my own two feet have actually carried me that far. I feel really lucky that I’ve made it four months already yet my body is still working normally and I haven’t felt even a bit sick, not even once. My feet and legs are starting to feel like they need a good long soak in a hot tub, but otherwise I am in great spirits. I'm not sure if I'll find a hot tub between here and the border, however. Only 650 miles left!

下午離開夏令營不久我就碰到步道終點之前最後重要的里程碑,也就是PCT2000英里處(約3200公里)。很難相信我只靠雙腳就可以走這麼遠,也感到很幸運,走這麼遠身體竟然都沒有出什麼狀況,沒有受傷也沒有生病。其實我的腳現在需要的是泡泡熱水的機會,讓肌肉放鬆,但除了這小問題我的狀況非常好。走到加拿大可能不會有機會泡熱水,現在只剩下1000公里再多一點。

Today I caught up with Daiquiri, yet another hiker I knew from way back in the desert section, when we were just two hikers looking for another hiker to split a hotel room with. I was expecting to run into more familiar faces in the next few days. The walking was very nice today despite the small amount of smoke in the air. But!! There is some red starting to show here and there in the leaves. Summer is definitely winding down now as it is the end of August.

今天又趕上了一位在南加州認識的登山客,那時候我和Daquiri是因為兩人到了小鎮想要找人分攤旅館費用而認識的,看到她我就知道這幾天也會趕上很多熟悉的人。雖然天上有一點煙但山上走起來還很舒服,不過讓我有點憂鬱是現在看得到一些葉子已經變紅色了。8月底了,夏天即將結束,溫暖舒適日照時間長的日子快沒了,天下沒有不散的筵席。


The main feature that the trail passed by today was the curiously named “Three Fingered Jack”. I feel like there’s a dirty joke just begging to made here but I can’t quite see it.

我今天經過的主要地標是一個山頭,英文名字取得很特別,意思是「有三隻手指的傑克」。

Yesterday was Mount Washington, tomorrow I will pass Mount Jefferson, and in about week I will pass by Mount Adams. See a pattern here?

昨天經過的地標是華盛頓山,明天要經過的是傑斐遜山,一星期後會經過亞當斯山,對美國歷史熟悉的人就會看到這些山名的共同點。

We had a perfect view of Jefferson from the trail today:

今天望北方時傑斐遜山很明顯:
At the evening campsite I ran into fellow Canadian hiker Rowen, who I also hadn’t seen since the desert section! He carried on hiking as I set up camp and enjoyed the sunset, but I’m sure we’ll meet up again tomorrow.

晚上到了營地的時候遇到加拿大登山客Rowen,上次看到她時六月中,終於在這裡再次相遇好開心。他還繼續往前走,要在前面幾公里紮營,明天應該還會有機會見面。
The next morning, there was a layer of fog on the mountains again, but it was mostly below me, which led to some spooky scenery.

隔天早上山上又有一層霧,但我大多都走在比霧層高一點的地方,風景因此很奇異。


In order to get to Timberline Lodge in time for breakfast (more on that later), I was going to have to pull a couple of 40-mile days here. I could have just spread out the distance over more days, except that I had already made plans to meet my cousin in Washington on September 5th, so I literally had no more time to spare. All I could do was get up early and walk as much as possible each day. As it turned out, this was easier said than done.

為了剛好在早餐的時段抵達林木線山莊,我這兩天各要走大概64公里。一般這種距離分3天走比較理想,但我已經和表弟約在華盛頓的第一個小鎮在9月5日碰面,所以根本沒有時間把這個距離分3天,只好這兩天很早起床儘量走遠一點。連續兩天走這麼遠說起來容易,實際做到反而好難。

First, the trail went through a hazardous burn area. One of the troubles with forest fires is that after all the vegetation is killed, there is nothing to hold the soil together and erosion happens much more quickly. This is bad news for a hiking trail going through the area.

步道今天經過舊火災區,火災對步道的重要影響是土壤侵蝕加快,原本把土壤結合在一起的根部都燒毀後一旦下大雨就很容易發生土石流。
In fact, there was an incident recently on the trail where the trail gave way under the weight of a horse. Rider and horse went sliding downhill into a river. The horse’s legs were broken and it had to be “finished off” on the spot. The rider also had a broken leg and had to be helicoptered out. This was all recent enough that the horse was still there, and every hiker passing by was reminded of the dangers inherent in what we were doing.

最近在這一段就有土壤侵蝕造成的悲劇發生,有一人在這段騎馬時,土壤因為最近的雨變得特別鬆軟而承受不了馬與人的重量,直接坍塌了。馬與人都滑下山坡到溪谷,馬的四隻腳都骨折,人的一隻腳也骨折,馬只好以安樂死處理,人由直升機吊出來。因為這是近期發生的事,我們經過這條溪的時候還看得到可憐的馬的屍體插在水裡,提醒著大家再好的步道,登山還是有一定的危險性。

As the trail wrapped around to the north side of Mount Jefferson, I was surprised to see glaciers on it! This is quite a low elevation and not very far north so the glaciers almost seem out of place here. The streams running off glaciers like this are often milky in appearance due to all the silt they carry down the slopes.

繞過傑斐遜山的時候我很驚訝看到北面有冰川!這裡的海拔和緯度都不高,感覺不應該有冰川。從冰川流下來的溪流有一些會因為帶下來的石粉會顯得如牛奶般的白色。


I ran into Pyro and Vinyl today, two hikers I met back around Mile 1000. They must have also skipped ahead somewhere in California, and just happened to end up exactly where I was on the trail again. It’s interesting how coincidences like this happen quite often on the PCT. I was in such a rush today to get some miles in that I ended up just snacking and never stopped for lunch. It was also cold, cloudy and windy and there was no warm spot to stop. Finally at 5 p.m. I decided I had to stop and have a very late lunch. At that point, Pyro and Vinyl passed by saying they were planning to get to Olallie Lake Resort tonight. I looked at the time and distance, did some quick mental math, and realized if I could just keep up a 3.5 mph pace till dusk I could probably make it there, too!

今天遇到Pyro和Vinyl,以前在加州的1000英里處左右認識的。他們應該也是在北加往前跳過一段步道現在才會在這裡。他們剛好又跳到我走的地方很巧,不過我對這種事已經不會感到驚訝了,在PCT中這種巧合巧事其實很常發生。我今天因為要趕路所以根本沒吃午餐,以零食度過整個下午,沒停下來吃午餐的次要原因是今天的天氣不太好,沒太陽,溫度低,風大,也沒有避風處適合停下來休息。下午5點的時候終於受不了了,坐下來準備吃午餐。剛好這個時候Pyro和Vinyl經過跟我說他們今晚要走到Olallie湖度假區。地圖拿出來看,距離和時間算一算,我發現只要馬上出發並維持5.6公里的時速就可以在Olallie的店打烊前到達。

Originally I wasn’t planning to stop at this resort as I wanted to do 40 miles today and go past it, but I could see now that I wasn’t going to make 40 miles. As it turned out, deciding at the last minute to give up on the 40 miles and go with them to Olallie was one of the luckiest decisions I made on trail. I gave up on late lunch, quickly threw everything back in my backpack, grabbed some more snacks, and started half-walking half-running down the trail.

我本來沒有要離開步道去看Olallie,因為這兩天各要走64公里所以本來預計直接跳過並再更遠的地方紮營,但看我目前的進度已經看得出來我今天走不到64公里。放棄64公里的目標跟這兩個人一起走去Olallie雖然時臨時決定的但我晚一點就發現有了這兩人提到Olallie我真的很幸運。午餐又放棄了,零食拿出來後東西收一收就開始時走時跑。

We arrived there 15 minutes before closing, just in time to buy some ice cream, Doritos and a drink! Olallie is an interesting place, as they don’t even have electricity. In the evening, the owners have a lantern with them inside the store and a couple extras for customers to carry around inside the store. They do have a fridge and freezer, but they are propane powered. As there is no electricity, it is also cash only. Lucky for Vinyl and Pyro, I had lots of cash on me, as they only had cards.

以將近6公里的時速前進,我們在Olallie店打烊的15分鐘前到達,來得及買到冰淇淋、玉米脆片和汽水,好幸福!Olallie這個地方很特別,他們都沒有電,晚上老闆在店裡靠提燈來照明櫃檯,也提供提燈給客人逛店的時候用。他們有冰箱和冷凍庫,不過都是用瓦斯運作的。因為沒有電所以結帳無法刷卡,只能用現金支付,Vinyl和Pyro身上沒有足夠的現金,幸好我身上有足夠可以先借給他們。

Not only did I get some store food, but there was a guy nearby doing trail magic!! After a long, cold day where I skipped lunch, having a real meal cooked up on the grill was a godsend. And to think, if I had decided not to stop at Olallie, I would have missed this magic! Thank you Vinyl and Pyro for suggesting this stop.

我不只買到店裡的東西,旁邊還有一個人在做trail magic!我今天沒有吃午餐,天氣也一直很冷,現在有機會吃到這位trail angel現做的熱食我覺得好幸運。如果今天沒有遇到Pyro和Vinyl我就會錯過這場trail magic,對他們兩個好感激,他麼兩個因為跟我借來的錢也很感激。PCT真的很常發生這種對大家都有益的事情,很幸運的巧事比在一般生活中常發生,不知道是因為PCT本身的特質還是因為一般生活中我們都太忙綠,無法注意到幸運的巧合或把握可造成對兩人均有益的機會?
The next day I was planning to go 45 miles, so I made sure to wake up early. This way I could get within 5 miles of Timberline Lodge, then wake up the following day and just walk 5 miles in for the breakfast buffet (more on this later). It turned out to be a gorgeous day for walking. The only slight concern was a sign telling us there might be actual wolves in the area, not just coyotes…

因為前一天沒走到64公里的目標,所以隔天預計走72公里,也因此很早起床。只要今天把這72公里走完,我就可以在離林木線山莊8公里遠的地方紮營,明天一大早走最後8公里到山莊吃早餐,很特別的早餐喔,在文章下面一點會解釋給大家。今天早上走起來很舒服,只是要多注意一件事,美國的郊狼到處都有而這種動物比較小,不太會打擾人類,不過這附近好像有狼出現,這種動物反而要儘量避開。

With the sun coming out, it still felt a little bit like summer today. I ran into another hiker from back in the desert, Hot Tuna, and I met another guy from Taiwan today, Spiderman! We had lunch together, but I was trying to do 45 miles today so I never saw him again after that. The trail went by a huge lake called Timothy Lake and I couldn’t help but stop on the shoreline to cook a quick meal. Even though I was pressed for time, I couldn’t help but go in for a swim, too. It felt great as usual, but it was pretty cold coming out. I’m sad to say this might be my last swim of the PCT this year. Fall has definitely arrived.

太陽今天有出現了,白天走還是有夏天的感覺。我又遇到南加熟悉的登山客Hot Tuna也遇到了一位來自台灣的登山客Spiderman。我跟他吃了午餐不過因為我今天要走70多公里所以之後沒看到他。下午經過一個很大的湖泊,叫做Timothy湖,忍不住在那裡停下來吃午餐,即使今天要趕路我也忍不住下去游泳。在湖裡泡泡水很舒服,但出來後偏冷,比較涼的秋天要到了,恐怕今天是我在PCT的最後一次游泳。

I walked into the night and finished my 45 miles just after midnight. The plan was to set up camp, sleep until 4 a.m., then walk in the last 2 hours to Timberline Lodge for the breakfast buffet. At this point I realized that there was a good chance I just wouldn’t wake up at 4 a.m. and I would miss out on the experience I had been waiting for since before I even started the PCT: the Timberline Lodge breakfast buffet!! (more on this soon…)

天黑後繼續走,半夜12點後終於把72公里走完,本來預計這時候先紮營睡覺,凌晨4點起來走最後兩個小時到林木線山莊吃早餐,不過這時候也怕凌晨4點鬧鐘響的時候我會懶得起床拔營,就這樣錯過我從還沒開始走PCT前一直到現在很期待的林木線山莊早餐,晚一點會解釋這個早餐。

I decided, instead, to just keep walking until I got to the lodge and set up camp there. That way in the morning, I could just roll out of bed and go in for the buffet. No waking up in the dark, no packing up, no hiking. I was pretty tired and miserable during most of this walk, BUT the last half hour was one of the most scenic and memorable experiences of the entire trail. Once again, a last minute decision had ended up giving me something totally unexpected. Timberline Lodge is high up on the slopes of Mt. Hood, a glacier-covered volcano where people come to ski even in the summer. The sky was completely clear tonight and the moon was bright. As I got higher and higher on Mt. Hood, the moonlight illuminated a perfect sea of clouds below me, as well as the patches of snow on Mt. Hood above me.  Mt. Jefferson poked up through this white blanket of clouds. On top of all that, the stars were out, and the lights of Timberline Lodge shone in the distance. It was one of those moments when I had to actually stop walking and just stare in awe all around me as I wondered if this was even real. By the time I got to the campsite near the lodge, the realization that I would be at the buffet in the morning and the magnificent scenery I had just walked through had me so excited it was almost hard to sleep.

因此我決定半夜繼續走,一直走到山莊旁邊再紮營,這樣我早上起來的時候天會亮而且根本不用拔營,醒來後可以直接去吃早餐。走完72公里後半夜繼續走我心情一開始不太好,但今天的最後半小時是整個PCT中最難忘的經驗之一,太漂亮了!今天又是臨時的決定帶來幸福的例子。林木線山莊在胡德山上,是有冰川的高海拔火山,夏季還有人來這裡滑雪。我今天往山莊爬上胡德山時,月光照明下面一大片完美的雲海和上面潔白的雪,在遠方傑斐遜山從雲海中露頭出來,前面山莊的燈和天上的星星閃燿著。我當時甚至無法再前進,只能站在原位目瞪口呆地看看四周,很難相信我眼前的畫面是真實的,可惜相機無法拍到這場風景。到了山莊旁營地時,因為看到的風景和明天確定能吃到的早餐我感到好興奮,怕會睡不著。

But of course, exhausted from walking 51 miles in a day, I did sleep. I woke up in the morning to sunny skies and the same volcano and sea of clouds from the night before, but in a different light. The selfie here is one of my favourite pictures from the trail. I think it captures the simplistic beauty of the PCT experience perfectly: blue sky, a volcano, the trail, hair and beard that are messy but it doesn’t matter one bit, and the realization that I just kicked ass and did 51 miles in a day and some really good food is coming soon thanks to my efforts. This is the face of true happiness!

不過一天內走82公里後不管多興奮一定睡得著,我早上醒來走出帳篷時看到大藍天,昨天看到有冰川的火山和雲海也都還在,只是在陽光下有不一樣的感覺。我這張自拍照是我PCT中最喜歡的照片之一,PCT的單純美麗都含在照片中:大藍天、火山、舒適的步道、頭髮和虎鬍子雖然亂但登山客毫不在乎、剛走完很長的距離且即將要吃到好吃的美食造成的滿足感,來自這些因素的笑容表現出一種純粹的開心。


So… now more about Timberline Lodge. As a ski resort, it is already special in that it operates year-round. It was very strange to hike into this place in shorts and see people in their ski boots and ski pants getting ready to go up the chairlift. The lodge was also a make-work project in the 1930s. More importantly, this was the hotel exterior used in the shots for the movie version of “The Shining”. You can even get your picture take with a Here’s Johnny axe!

現在終於要解釋林木線山莊了。以滑雪場來看它就很特殊,全年都有營業,我穿著短褲進去卻看到旁邊的人穿著雪褲和滑雪鞋準備上山很奇怪。主要建築物和一般滑雪場不一樣,是經濟大恐慌時期的公共工程。但這棟山莊最著名的原因是因為它的外表是「鬼店」電影裡的飯店,看過這部電影的人應該還記得這把斧。


Most importantly, it is the home of the “best meal on the PCT” according to many. I saw other hikers going here on YouTube videos before I started the trail and already made up my mind then that no matter what I would have to come eat here. The quality of the food here is excellent, it only costs 18 dollars, the setting couldn’t be nicer, and it is (drum roll, please……..) all you can eat!!

對登山客來說,山莊最重要的特質是它的早餐,被許多人稱為PCT中最值得吃到的一餐。我還在台灣研究PCT的時候已經在許多YouTube上的PCT紀錄影片中有拍到這裡的早餐,在還沒出發前就已經知道是我千萬不能錯過的經驗。食物品質優,價位才18元美金,環境和風景特別好,而且是吃到飽的早餐喔!


In addition to DIY waffles with real whipped cream, nuts and fresh berries for toppings, there was melon, yogurt, pancakes, syrup, butter, cheesy eggs, frittata, hash browns, sausage links and patties, ham, pastries, smoothies, and more. Of course hungry hikers can easily put down three or our heaping plates of this stuff. Sitting in this architectural showpiece that I had walked to from the Mexican border looking out onto a sea of clouds eating as much of this delicious food as I wanted… It was a pretty nice way to spend a Saturday morning! Some people even take a day off here just so they can have the buffet two days in a row! Sadly, I didn’t have the time for that, but I did stick around for a couple hours afterward making a couple phone calls and enjoying the view and the warm sun from the balcony.

有DIY鬆餅和,可搭配打發鮮奶油、堅果和新鮮梅果,還有哈密瓜、優格、煎餅、糖漿、奶油、起司炒蛋、義式烘蛋、薯塊、兩種香腸、火腿、酥皮點心、水果冰沙等等。走PCT的人總是肚子餓,來這裡吃都可以吃三大盤以上,超級划算。在漂亮的木造山莊邊看外面的雲海邊吃這些好吃又營養的東西,又因為知道自己是從墨西哥走路到這裡而感到很得意,這樣過一個星期六的早上會是很難忘的回憶。有的人甚至為了連續兩天吃到這裡的早餐會在此休息一天。可惜我現在沒有時間這樣休息,不過吃完早餐我還是在露台待了一下,打了幾通電話給家人,在溫暖的陽關下邊聊天邊看雲海。
I made a mental note to come back and visit this place again another year, then reluctantly packed up my tent and kept walking. The weather was perfect again today. I am really getting spoiled here and it’s going to be hard to adjust to the wet climate in Taiwan again. The views of Mt. Hood were good all the way until sunset.

這個地方我要特別記住,以後有機會想要再來拜訪這個地方。雖然很捨不得林木線山莊,最後還是把帳篷收起來了並繼續往前走。又是天氣很完美的一天,我怕自己被這裡的好天氣寵壞了,回到台灣會很難再適應潮濕的氣候。今天繞胡德山,從每個角度看都很漂亮。




The next day was an important one, as it was my last day in Oregon. After California took over 3 months to complete, it was shocking to find Oregon only took me 15 days. As I left the beautiful Mt. Hood behind me, the walk forward was a pleasant one.

隔天在進度上是很重要的一天,竟然是我奧勒岡州最後的一天,加州走了3個多月才走完,奧勒岡卻在短短的15天內就走完了。離開胡德山區後,步道依舊很舒適。


About two weeks ago, hikers got some very bad news. There was a forest fire on the trail in the very last section before the Canadian border. This meant that we could walk to the last road in the US but could not finish the PCT! Some people were just stopping there and going home, some people were going to another national park 30 miles away and walking to the border on a different trail, but no one was happy about having to abandon their goal so close to the end. It was one of the worst places a fire could happen, as everyone is looking forward to getting that picture with the northern monument right from Day 1.

兩個禮拜前登山客收到讓人沮喪的消息:PCT的最後一段因為發生森林火災而封閉了,所以我們可以走到美國最後與PCT交叉的公路,但不能再前進到加拿大的邊境,也就是說無法走完PCT。有的人走到最後開放的地方就回家了,有的人離開步道然後在50公里遠的國家公園裡走另一個步道到加拿大的邊境,但我相信這些人離終點那麼近卻要放棄最後的一小段路一定很失望。森林火災在別的地方出現沒那麼嚴重,還可以繞,不過剛好在最後一段發生我們就無路可走,從第一天一直很期待的目標,走到步道終點踏上加拿大的領土的那一刻,這夢想似乎無法成真了。

Well, after about 2 weeks of panic and suspense, we got some great news this week! The fire closure area has been shrunk, and there is a new detour in place around the fire that will allow us to finish the trail to Canada! I feel sorry for whoever was up north these last two weeks and couldn't finish. I hope they will be able to come back and finish now that it's open again.

經過兩個禮拜的恐慌後這禮拜有好消息傳出來,火災還沒消滅但封閉的範圍縮小了,現在已經找出繞路可以在加拿大的邊境前接回PCT再自己走路到步道終點。我好可憐最近兩個禮拜無法走完PCT的人,也希望他們現在有辦法趕快回來把最後一段走完。



As I came around a corner today, there it was in all its glory: Washington. Three of Washington’s volcanoes were suddenly visible: St. Helens, Rainier, and Adams. There was the last state of the PCT, the last section to be traversed before reaching Canada. Suddenly the end seemed within reach; a distance small enough the mind could actually fully grasp.

今天轉了個彎後突然看到PCT最後一州,華盛頓州就在我眼前。華盛頓的大火山有三座都同時出現:聖海倫火山、瑞尼爾山和亞當斯山。華盛頓州是抵達加拿大前最後要經過的一段,現在親眼看到了我突然覺得離加拿大好近,距離已經小到可以去想像剩下的路程大概會怎麼過。

As I sat down for lunch today, another hiker, Mousetrap, came and joined me. Not long after, two white dogs came bolting out of the bush to join us. Their owners were nowhere in sight but they were not shy at all. In fact, they went right up to Mousetrap, sat down politely yet very close to her, and quietly gave her the sad puppy face waiting for some food. There was no hesitation on their part. They knew they were adorable and weren’t afraid to flaunt it for some snacks. It was so funny how confident these dogs were that we would be their friends. They alternated between playing with each other while running around the campsite and coming back to us waiting for a treat. Mousetrap and I were pretty much laughing continuously this whole time. It was yet another pleasant surprise the PCT can throw at you, and reminded me once again how sometimes it’s the simplest of things that can really make your day.

今天吃午餐的時候,有一位叫做Mousetrap的登山客也走過來跟我一起坐,不久後也有兩隻漂亮的白狗從森林裡衝出來跟我們坐。主人不知道跑去哪,但狗狗還是很自在,直接過去Mousetrap那裡趴在地上裝可憐等她餵食,毫不害羞。我和Mousetrap都笑出來,狗狗好像知道自己有多可愛,很確定我們人類會抗拒不了牠們那可愛的眼神而把牠們當作朋友並餵牠們吃東西。狗狗後來開始在營地到處跑互相玩耍,定時會到我們前面等我們餵食。這兩隻狗的動作太可愛了,讓我和Mousetrap吃午餐時一直笑著,又是PCT一個不可預料的驚喜,又證明了很單純的事情可以在生活中帶來樂趣。
Eventually the owners did return. The dogs ran back to see them for about 10 seconds, and then proceeded to run back to us and wait for more treats!

主人後來回到隔壁營地了,狗狗跑去看後馬上就回來找我們,又在等我們為牠們餵食。

Later in the afternoon, I finally got a view of the mighty Columbia River. This river actually flows into the US from Canada and everything you see on the far side of the river is the State of Washington.

我下午終於看到了哥倫比亞河, 這條河起源於加拿大,流經美國時在奧勒岡與華盛頓之間劃出天然的州界,所以在對岸看到的土地都屬於華盛頓州。
After descending down to the town of Cascade Locks, I was at the lowest point on the entire PCT, not far above sea level in fact. The Bridge of the Gods connects Oregon to Washington over the Columbia River, and was the ending point for Cheryl Strayed’s hike (the author of Wild).

下切到Cascade Locks這河邊的小鎮我已抵達PCT最低點,與海平面的落差不大。眾神之橋在此當兩州的重要跨河聯絡道路,PCT也是在這座橋上跨過哥倫比亞河。看過《那時候,我只剩下勇敢》這部電影或這本小說的人也應該知道雪兒·史翠德以這座橋當做她PCT壯遊的終點。
I made it into town in time to sit down at a restaurant right beside the river as I contemplated the end of Oregon. The restaurant had an all-you-can-eat salad bar and big windows looking out onto the river. As I sat there enjoying the last light of day, I couldn’t have been happier. Two states down, one to go!

走到小鎮的時候還來得及到河邊的餐廳吃晚餐。這間餐廳有吃到飽的沙拉巴,可以補充步道上很難吃到的蔬菜。坐在河看夕陽、吃營養的晚餐、思量奧勒岡州的經歷,我感到十分幸福。兩州走完了,再一州任務就完成了!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete